Every 10 years, the census becomes an important topic in Rutherford County but the COVID-19 pandemic reminds us more …
The N.C. Cooperative Extension of Rutherford County office will reopen to the public on Monday, June 8, 2020. Clients …
Beginning May 26, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), through the Farm Service Agency (FSA), will be accepting applications …
Download Commissioner Steve Troxler’s “Notice of Essential Food and Agricultural Employee” here: Notice for agriculture …
Where: Monday, January 20, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. (with dinner to follow) When: McDowell County Senior Center For more information and …
2020 NC Foothills Farm Tour Application for participating farms Are you a farm owner in Polk or Rutherford counties who …
Join us for a High Tunnel Production Workshop at the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Rutherford County on August 28, …
Join us monthly for our Friends of Ag Breakfast! Breakfast is held every second Wednesday at 7 a.m., January through …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
Custom Tools for Growers
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- Industrial Hemp
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Official Variety Testing
- Organic Commodities
- Tobacco Growers Information
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Agriculture and Resource Economics Extension
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- NC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Peanut Growers Information
Partnerships and Organizations
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- NCSU/USDA Forage Program
- North Carolina Small Grains Growers Association
Publications, Information, and News
- Georgia's Tobacco Grower's Guide
- Integrated Pest Management Blogs
- NC Agricultural Chemicals Manual
- NC Official Variety Tests
- NC Pest News
- Soybean Rust-USDA
- The Corn Grower's Guidebook-Purdue University
- Top Soybean Rust News-StopsoybeanRust.com
Rutherford County Family and Consumer Sciences Programs
Recent Publications related to Field Crops
This factsheet covers several factors to consider when leasing farmland for solar farm purposes. Property …
This factsheet discusses protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO)-inhibiting herbicide injury in soybean.
This factsheet discusses ALS-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses PS-II-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses glufosinate injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses glyphosate injury on soybean.
This factsheet discuses very-long-chain fatty acid synthesis-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses HPPD and clomazine injury on soybean.